Friday, April 13, 2012

A 95 Mile Training Ride

2012 Miles to Date: 1492.62
2012 Time in the Saddle: 113:55:01
2012 Hot Yoga Time: 18:05:00

I did a 95 mile training ride yesterday on the mountain bike.  I can't believe how hard it is to get the nutrition dialed in.  Yesterday I tried to eat a PB&J sandwich, 50 minutes later I was wishing I hadn't.  The PB&J was made with orange marmalade jelly which I think was my downfall.  So for about the last 30 miles of my ride I was fighting the overwhelming urge to vomit.

I really believe that it is the sugars that are my downfall.  For some reason I can't handle sugars under the stress of long rides.  I have tried homemade rice bars with rice, pecans, fig & honey and had no problem.  The difference in the sugar is that honey is a pretty natural sugar as opposed to the processed sugar in jelly's and jam's.

The great part of the ride is that is was 6240 feet of climbing and an average moving speed of 12 mph.  Not bad considering my stomach was really messing with me... just fought through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment